In an effort to lose the 12 lbs I have put on since moving to Korea, I have FINALLY started working out.
Last week I tried out a pilates class on Post (free!). I LOVED it. Well, technically, I hated it at the time, but that's just because it realllllly worked every muscle in my body. Muscles I didnt know existed.
And on Saturday I ran/walked a 3K fun race on Post. Now, the term "3K" sounds impressive to me, but its really 1.8 miles. But I wanted to run as much as I could, and I took it seriously. I am quite out of shape, but I managed to run about half of it. The course was pretty hilly, and that certainly didnt help me.
(If buying a sports bra was easy, that photo would look a lot better)There are a lot of free classes offered on Post: Zumba, aerobics, pilates, yoga, spinning. Its just a challenge to match up a class with some form of child care. On Mondays, I share a sitter with a friend so we can both go to the gym in the morning. Tuesday mornings Emma is at preschool and Jackson is home with May (nanny), and I am going to try and attend a yoga class on the Tuesdays I dont have storytime. (Tomorrow being my first yoga class. The rest of the week is kind of up in the air depending on Jason's schedule. But I hope to fit in two more workouts (even if it is just running).
I didnt have any sugary coffee drinks today, or any bakery goods. I ate really well, but perhaps didnt have enough at dinner since it is 9:30pm and I am STARVING. For me, there is a fine line between eating too little and eating too much. I have a hard time finding the middle ground of eating just the right amount.
If you have some good evening snack ideas (and yes, I know its not good to snack in the evenings, but humor me), please share.
All I can think of is Crunch N Munch.
2 comments:
Garbanzo beans! Yummy! Homemade granola. Can't think of anything else at the moment (my snack tonight was some no-bake cookies - not at all healthy!) Miss seeing you guys so often!
--Jenny
Have you tried baking garbanzo beans? Just drain them real well and put them on a sprayed cookie sheet and sprinkle them with your favorite seasoning (taco, chili or any blend).
Bake them at about 375 for 20 minutes, shaking the pan to turn them several times. They are kind of like corn nuts - yummy! Very healthy - you can do the same with cauliflower. Aunt Terri
Post a Comment