Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Steve McCurry Exhibit

Even If you are unfamiliar with the name, you've likely seen his work before.
Steve McCurry is the National Geographic Photographer made world famous with his picture titled, "Afghan Girl".
He has several photos on exbihit here in Seoul this month, and a friend and I ventured out to go see them!
DSC_0015lomo
DSC_0018lomo
DSC_0017lomo
(thought you would enjoy seeing sites from around the city)
DSC_0020lomo
(the museum)
DSC_0022lomo

(my stealth picture taken inside the exhibit- "Afghan Girl" is 2nd from the top left.)
The exhibit was much more fascinating that I imagined. Yes, I love photography, but I wasnt really sure I would be in to seeing a photography exhibit of this kind. His photos are deep, and often full of sadness (starving children, filth, etc).
Included in the exhibit was a movie room playing a documentary of when Steve McCurry went back to Afghanistan 20 years later to search for the Afghan Girl. It was a great documentary, I suggest you search around for it. I am sure it must be for sale on the National Geographic website, or maybe even at your local library.
I was glad I stepped out of my world and into his world for the day.

No comments: