Friday, July 16, 2010

Emma's 4th Birthday party

Let me just say that I like to OVERTHINK. I like to PLAN. I like to DREAM.
Months of planning and dreaming for Emma's birthday party.
Hundreds of dollars spent
(Seriously. $350 I think)
Visions of little people dressing up in fun dress up clothes and dancing around.
Do my visions EVER come to fruition? No! Of COURSE NOT.
Besides the fact that I dream up things that probably would never really happen- Emma turned FOUR years old, and her party guests were in the 2-4 year age range. That's a wild crowd. Maybe my vision would have panned out if she was 7, but...not so much this year.
Did she have a great time at her birthday party? Yes. Did the guests? Yes.
I suppose that is what matters.....
Here are some pictures.
DSC_0004
DSC_0007
Every little girl had a white tea hat, a feather boa, a tutu, a pink top, and a bead necklace. The boys had top hats, mustaches and bow ties (that Kristie made!).
DSC_0042
DSC_0052
DSC_0020copy
It was fun for Emma and I guess it is about her, not me.
Sigh.
*********************************

No comments: