There is a LARGE famous fabric market in Seoul, Korea called Dongdaemun Market. It's really more than just fabric, it included yarn, beads, buttons, ribbons, etc. Everything you need to make clothes or other textiles.


On the left above are stacks of thin quilts. I have a pink one for Emma and a blue one for Jax. I'll share pictures someday.
Want to get curtains made? Buy your fabric here.
A floor devoted to yarn.


I was shopping with "yarn friends" on this particular day and got more yarn shots that fabric shots. Tsk Tsk.
Thread I think.

Need tassles?
I'd so sad that I didnt get a picture of my fabric man. So sad.
You can find all sorts of fabrics in this place. The latest Nautica shirt fabric by the bolt. Tulle in over 100 different styles/colors. Silks, satins, canvas, linen, beaded, whatever.
It's an amazing place.
I visited Dongdaemun a few days a go and picked up these Olivia the Pig fabrics for a friend.

Aren't they fantastic? And they were 3,000KRW per yard, which is the current equivalent of $2.49 US Dollars.
That's practically worth you flying over here for fabric, isnt it?

And these fabrics (linen, or at least linen-like- I am not good with actually knowing anything about fabrics)! I actually have an idea for these fabrics, which is rare. I typically just buy fabric all willy-nilly and let it sit around on a shelf just to be admired.
I want to make little bean bags out of the above fabrics and the cut out number shapes from a different fabric and stitch to the "face" of the little bean bags. They will be counting bean bags. Seems a useful idea with two little ones in the house.
Maybe I will actually get around to making them!
And I also bought these:
The green number fabric will play a role in my bean bag vision. The road signs fabric might be useful in that vision as well. The pink gingham? Well- who knows. And the red dot fabric was actually free because I bought so much.
(And by "so much" I still only spent slightly under $30 USD.)
I think my secret plan is to buy enough fabric while I am in Korea that I will have a lifetime supply.
Why I need a lifetime supply of fabric when I don't actually sew anything is beyond me.
On the left above are stacks of thin quilts. I have a pink one for Emma and a blue one for Jax. I'll share pictures someday.
Want to get curtains made? Buy your fabric here.
A floor devoted to yarn.
I was shopping with "yarn friends" on this particular day and got more yarn shots that fabric shots. Tsk Tsk.
Thread I think.
Need tassles?
I'd so sad that I didnt get a picture of my fabric man. So sad.
You can find all sorts of fabrics in this place. The latest Nautica shirt fabric by the bolt. Tulle in over 100 different styles/colors. Silks, satins, canvas, linen, beaded, whatever.
It's an amazing place.
I visited Dongdaemun a few days a go and picked up these Olivia the Pig fabrics for a friend.
Aren't they fantastic? And they were 3,000KRW per yard, which is the current equivalent of $2.49 US Dollars.
That's practically worth you flying over here for fabric, isnt it?
And these fabrics (linen, or at least linen-like- I am not good with actually knowing anything about fabrics)! I actually have an idea for these fabrics, which is rare. I typically just buy fabric all willy-nilly and let it sit around on a shelf just to be admired.
I want to make little bean bags out of the above fabrics and the cut out number shapes from a different fabric and stitch to the "face" of the little bean bags. They will be counting bean bags. Seems a useful idea with two little ones in the house.
Maybe I will actually get around to making them!
And I also bought these:
The green number fabric will play a role in my bean bag vision. The road signs fabric might be useful in that vision as well. The pink gingham? Well- who knows. And the red dot fabric was actually free because I bought so much.
(And by "so much" I still only spent slightly under $30 USD.)
I think my secret plan is to buy enough fabric while I am in Korea that I will have a lifetime supply.
Why I need a lifetime supply of fabric when I don't actually sew anything is beyond me.
1 comment:
Super cute blog, Chalica. Where did you find the Olivia fabric in Dongdemun?
Post a Comment