Whew! Vacation Bible School exhausted me so much last week that it has taken me until now (Thursday night in Seoul, Korea) to really feel normal again.
Last year, I was the photographer for VBS and I had a blast going all around and snapping cute pictures of the kids. This year, I was suppose to be the photographer again, but the music leader needed to fly back to the States to be with her Father who was/is ill. She asked me to step up and fill her role because she knew I have a music background and I lead the music for our Womens Conference back in March.
I really had no choice BUT to say yes.
And I soooo had no idea what I was getting myself into!!!
I (with the help of my team of 3 teenagers) taught 250 children ages 3-11 7 songs-with dances- for 4 hours a day, 5 days a week for one week.
Emma got to attend VBS in the preschoolers class, and Jackson hung out in the nusery with his "Korean grandmothers".
The week was INTENSE.
But so worth it. Soooo worth it.
I emailed the woman that was suppose to lead the music after the first day of VBS and told her that I KNEW I was doing the job I was meant to be doing at VBS 2010. I just felt it. It was meant to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment