We hit the road this morning at 5am to travel to Osan, Korea where the Air Force Base is. We made it in record time, arriving way earlier than need be, but better early than late!
When the airport opened at 7am we found out that the 7:30am flight to Japan had been canceled! Sigh. No more flights out today.
We got a room at the very nice on-Post hotel and we've been exploring this military base all day.
The temperature right now in Korea is around 30 degrees- so cold! Thankfully they have a nice indoor playground for little ones at their Post food court.
We've spent a LOT of time at the food court today!
Amazingly, at naptime all of us took a nap together in one room. The kids and Jason slept for about 2 hours! I woke up after an hour, but I enjoyed just watching them all sleep. I never expected Jackson to fall asleep in those kind of conditions, but he (they both have) has been such a trooper!
We finished our 1st traveling day by watching Annie in our hotel room.
The flight has been rescheduled for tomorrow at 4:10pm but the airport staff said to start calling every hour starting at 7am for updates.
At first I was bummed we had to "waste" a day of our vacation. But as we hung out together as a family, explored new places, took naps, at all our meals together, I realized that this IS our vacation and what a great way to spend it! Together! Making lemonade!
No comments:
Post a Comment