Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Seriously- it was an honor just to be nominated

The library on Post nominated be for the Army Volunteer of the Quarter Ceremony for my work with the Tuesday Story Time program.

I was suprised, and excited. The director of the library knew I had volunteered a lot over the summer and she wanted to submit my name for the awards ceremony. I had to fill out a form, as did she, and then on Thursday I attended the ceremony!

DSC_0025

There were about 30 nominees for the Volunteer of the Quarter Award.

DSC_0017

There were cupcakes!

DSC_0018

And a light lunch spread for after the ceremony.

DSC_0023

All of the nominees were give a bottle of sparking cider and some Lindor chocolates.

Ceremony

I was given a certificate of appreciation for being nominated, and the lady in green next to me is the Director of the library. She is so sweet.

Cermony2

I didnt win the Volunteer of the Quarter (which comes with a front row parking spot at the commisary on Post!) but one of my friends (in white) did!

I really felt kind of silly for even being there! I had like 20 or so hours of service for Story Time for the Quarter and the winner had over 500 hours!

Ah well, like I said- its an honor just to be nominated!

No comments: