I have seen so many great homemade Advent Calendars lately. If I had loads of time, and had prepared in advance, I would have loved to have made a fabric Advent calendar, something with little fabric pockets, and hand stitching, and magic.
BUT- I am happy I pulled together a last minute Advent Calendar to help the kids mark off the days until Christmas.
(Oh dang, I just realized I wasnt home at bedtime tonight to mark off today on the calendar and I am guessing Jason didnt remember either. DANG.)
I took some silver and red card stock I had on hand and cut it into little squares.
I used silver and gold markers to write the numbers 1-24 on the cards. (some people end with 25, I chose not to)
Every night before bed, we will go into the hall where we strung up the makeshift Advent Calendar and lift up a child (we will rotate) to place a Christmas Tree sticker on the back of that day's date.
So, on Christmas day, we should just have a string of Christmas Tree stickers!
It's simple, but it works!
1 comment:
cute idea!
Post a Comment