Back in May, I contacted Groove magazine, a Korean magizine printed for English speakers. It is filled with entertainment info, food and dining info and news info. All this that might interest the ex-pat living in Seoul.
Anyway, Groove was looking for food photographers to submit photos for their June issue. I submitted a few pics, and they chose one for their June issue.
Then I submitted some photos for the July issue, but was too late to get them in. BUT! The food and dining editor (Daniel Gray of Seoul Eats website) asked if I would like to review a vegetarian resturant for the August issue.
UM, YES! You can read my review here.
I was over the moon excited to have a food review and photos that I took printed in a popular Korean magazine. That's big time!
Since the August issue hit newstands, I've been asked to do an article for September and October, pictures included.
I am LOVIN it. And yes, I am making sure to pick up a magazine each month for my portfolio.
Anyway, while interviewing the owner of a local Indian restaurant for the September issue of Groove, I was asked if I would be interested in coming back and photographing their new Fall menu for advertising and menu printing purposes. Paid.
UM, YES!
My photo shoot was last Friday, and I was pretty nervous. This was the real deal.
I finished editing the photos over the weekend, and just uploaded them to the restuarant's private site. I was really happy with them. I hope to hear feedback from the owner tomorrow.
Want to see a few?
And after the shoot was over? I got a delicous Indian meal with leftovers to take home for Jason!
Good Work!
2 comments:
Sure does make me feel hungry!! They look fantastic! Great job - we are all proud of you ;)
Beautiful pictures, makes me hungry for Indian food! Congrats, hope this leads to lots more opportunities for you!
Ditto on Michelle's comment we're all proud of you... and your work!
Post a Comment