Tuesday, August 25, 2009

New Lens

As part of my newly professional status as a photographer, Jason supported (and encouraged) me in getting a new lens for my camera. After LOTS of research and budget talks, we opted to get a 55-200mm VR lens for my Nikon D40. All I had previously was the 18-55mm lens that came with my camera, and while I think the starter lens is GREAT, I needed something with a longer range for some of my photography work. It certainly came in handy for last weeks Vacation Bible School, when I was often taking pictures from across the room, or across the sanctuary. And at around $250 it was within our current budget.

DSC_0846

Jason bought it at the Korean Electronics Mart, for about the same cost as if we had ordered it online. But I didnt want to order it online because of all of the package reliability issues in mailing to APO's. (We dont always get our packages. Very sad). PLus, they threw in the cleaning kit for free.

The new lens is great. Here is a shot of Jackson from about 30 feet away.

DSC_0684 copy

Lovin it.

No comments: