In early July, we switched nannies.* It wasnt really intentional, our regular nanny could watch Jackson when we took Emma to a theme park for the day, so we had a friend's part time nanny come over.
Her name is May, she is also Filipino, and we love her more than pumpkin pie.
(And I LOVE pumpkin pie.)
She's much younger than our other nanny, she is friends with most of the nannies in our apartment complex, she's wonderful with the kids, can get them to go to bed, and she is an AMAZING cleaner.
The other day, I had her come over a little early before Jason and I went out on a date. (She needed the work, I needed my sanity back) While Jason and I played with the kids and fed them dinner, I asked her to help us get our bedroom organized. We have a VERY bad habit of stacking of clean folded laundry all over the place and never putting it away. Our clothing situation was VERY disorganized.
When we came home from our evening out, the kids were in bed, the dishes were done, the laundry was going, the floors were clean, the bathroom trash cans were empty, and our bedroom?
Amazing.
Look at my dresser drawers!
She even folded all of the underwear in my underwear drawer!
(And yes, I did take a picture, but I've opted not to share that one!)
We checked out or closet....
That's right. She hung up my sports bra.
Maybe she knew it needed the extra support.
**************************************
*Nannies are used by many military families stationed in Korea. In the US, a nanny would probably just be considered a babysitter, but we call them nannies here because:
1) that's what they prefer to be called
2) The do a good amount of cleaning along with caring for the children
3) they go above a beyond what I would expect of a teenage babysitter.
Their going rate is not much more than a US teen babysitter, so its not a big extravagance to have a nanny here. We typically have May work for us about 8 hours a week. She watches Jaxy so I can take Emma to storytime at the Library, just the two of us and she watches both kids one night a week so Jason and I can go on a date, and I can get some food review work done.
1 comment:
Could you bring May home with you please? Remember the stack of papersI showed you...;D
Post a Comment