Monday, August 3, 2009

Vacation Bible School is NO vacation

This week, the various churches on Post have gathered together to host a Vacation Bible School for kids age 3-12. Emma is enrolled, I am the volunteer photographer, and Jackson is being watched in the church nursery (available to moms that are volunteering).

DSC_0313

Yall, Vacation Bible School is exhausting!

DSC_0363

There are 300 kids enrolled, and 90 volunteers. While my "job" is to get enough good pictures to fill a 30 minute slide show for the Friday finale, I have found that my helping hands are very much needed in the 3-4 year old classroom. So, I am snapping pictures here and there, and then helping with arts and crafts, potty breaks, snacks, etc.

( I never wanted to be a teacher to little people, but man- between Vacation Bible School and Story Time at the Library, I am realizing that this is something I am actually good at! Who knew?)

DSC_0553

I love being able to watch Emma throughout the day as she interacts with old and new friends. She'll play with someone's hair, whisper a secret to a friend, dance to unheard music.

DSC_0599

She is LOVIN VBS. Singing songs, making crafts, doing dances, listening to stories, being around big kids, she loves it all. She is getting so grown up.

************************************

But I think I am going to need a real vacation after Vacation Bible School week is over!

No comments: