Saturday, October 24, 2009

Getting excited!

In about a week and a half, our little family will be (hopefully) getting on a plane (well, probably various planes) and flying to South Carolina.

The United States!

It's been exactly a year since Jason left the US bound for Korea, and around 10 months since the kids and I left the US.

Crazy huh?

I didnt think we would visit the US while we spend this 2 years living in Korea. Flying a family of 4 around the globe is...a gigantic pile of money.

But after talking to other moms on Post, I learned enough about military flights (Space Available, or "Space A") to start giving it some serious thought. Flying Space A is going to be an adventure. You don't know ahead of time when flights leave and you don't know if you'll find a connecting flight at the next Post. We could end up spending some serious time hanging out at military airports.

Maybe it will take us just a day or two to find our way to SC, maybe it will take us a week...or longer?

(Please pray that we can find flights easily please)

Jason's leave starts Monday November 2nd, and we'll pack up and head to the nearest Air Force Base (about 1.5 hours away) and put our name on the Space A list. Ideally, we would fly out that day, but the reality is that we have no clue.

Jason is taking 30 days of leave, and we hope and pray that we have enough time to travel to South Carolina, have a nice week or 2 visit with Jason's family, and then have time to fly back home. "They" say worst case scenerio is we have to buy Jason a commercial ticket to fly back to Korea if his leave is coming to an end and we cant get a military flight.

We don't have money for that, so- again- keep the prayers up!

Whew. But let me tell you what! We are so so excited to see the family. I think my children and unbelievable cute and smart and adorable and I can not WAIT for the grandparents (and everyone else) to see how much they have grown and changed.

( I want to show off my DNA!)

Family dinners, drinks with friends, old playgrounds, old church family, American TV!, Target, TJ Maxx, SONIC, our old car, parking in the driveway instead of a parking a garage, grass, no traffic, no showing my military ID everywhere I go, garbage disposals......I could really go on and on.

I LOVE my life in Korea, but I am soooo looking forward to our traveling to South Carolina adventure.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Will be praying about the flights. I am so excited to see you guys, especially the kids as they are growing and changing. I hope Jaxy recognizes me! I will be honored to do a photo shoot for you guys!!