Thursday, February 25, 2010

An island filled with puppies

Sounds too good to be true right?

Well, this past Saturday Jason and flew down to Jindo Island which is off the SW tip of the Korean penisula. The trip (which was completely free) was sponsored by a government program to promote awareness and pride for the national dog of Korea- the Jindo dog.

Jindo Island is the birth place (literally and figuratively) of the Jindo. There is a research and training facilty run by the Korean government on the island. And by research I don't mean inhumane animal testing, what they are doing is trying to preserve the Jindo dog gene is in purest form. They run a breeding program and a training program that teaches the dogs basic commands and obstacle course training.

The trip was amazing. And I plan to talk about it more as week goes on.

Today, I will just wow you with puppy pictures.

DSC_0134 copy

DSC_0136colorless

DSC_0149 copy

DSC_0190 copy

DSC_0186 copy

DSC_0220 copy

DSC_0193 copy

There now, doesnt that make your Monday morning a little better?

1 comment:

Michelle said...

These pics are really awesome!!