Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Hanbok Fashion Show

This past Saturday night I went to a Hanbok Fashion show about an hour North of Seoul. Hanboks are the traditional Korean dress. The designer Soon Hwa Lee is a well-known modern Hanbok fashion designer. This was her Spring Fashion Show.
DSC_0710copy
DSC_0711copy
The fashion show was a Buddhist Temple Site, in the mountains. I think I'll remember it as one of the most beautiful places on Earth (that I've seen!).
DSC_0712copy 
DSC_0735
After we had a traditional vegetarian dinner, we were entertained by a singer who had several hits back in the 70's and 80's (in Korea).
DSC_0750 
His first two songs were in Korean, but then he rocked the house with Tom Jones "Delilah".
DSC_0767 
Then the fashion show started with a look back at the ancient traditional Hanboks, and worked forward to the new Spring modern line.
DSC_0804 
DSC_0832 
DSC_0855 
DSC_0893 
DSC_0942 
DSC_0952 
DSC_0990
The designer is the woman dressed in all red in the middle.
DSC_0010-1 
That night will definetly rank up there in my top ten list of things I've seen/done in Korea!

No comments: