Jackson's 2nd birthday party was at the fire station on post. I was super excited that they let us have the party in the station!
The relegated us to a classroom in the fire station for the cupcake/juice box merriment. Because Jackson was in such a wild mood- I didnt really have time to assess my other options (like outside, etc) so we just packed into the room and had a QUICK party.
I used cream cheese frosting for the cupcakes and mixed in nearly a whole little bottle of red food coloring! I just know all the moms appreciated that! haha!
The little fire truck cupcake toppers are courtesy of this shop on Etsy.
The very very cool fire truck fabric banner is courtesy of Kristie.
The favor bags, which I was immensely proud of, were made of up fire truck shaped crayons, fire hydrant shaped water squirters, organic lollipops and fire man hats (not in bag).
After the cupcakes (we did not do the candle thing, and Jackson was so frustrated with me that he wasnt already eating a cupcake, he didnt care we were singing him Happy Birthday), we headed to the station garage to see the fire trucks!
(Emma is not happy at all that we are letting Jaxy play with his presents before she can!)
It was a fast birthday party. About 45 minutes. We opted to take all of the gifts home to open that evening instead of at the party. It seems to be the best plan for little ones- so they dont all get jealous.
Was it the party I envisioned? No- but it was fun for the kids, and not too stressful for me- so....it was a success!
1 comment:
fun time!
Post a Comment