Monday, December 15, 2008

The goodbyes have begun...


Friday was Emma's last day at the church-run morning program she's been attending.Conveniently, it was also the Great Christmas Sing A Long followed by cookies and hot chocolate. Families invited.

DSC_0318
(Emma and her best friend Addy)

Emma knows she's been saying a lot of goodbyes lately. She knows that Daddy is a soldier and he lives in Korea. She knows we are getting on a Big Plane soon and flying to Korea. She knows we're getting a new house, and she's getting a new bedroom.

DSC_0324

DSC_0328
(Emma and her teacher, Emma and the church school director who she LOVES)

While I know she'll make new friends and love all the excitement of a big city, I think she'll be confused about why her daily routine and the people she sees all the time have just Up and Gone Away. We are routine people.

DSC_0322
(Addy turns 2 next week and we are missing her birthday party)


Sigh.


I'm ordering pictures of Emma and her friends/teachers/church people/family and taking them in my luggage to Korea to put up in her room for her to look at.

I think that will help.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Miss Ashley LOVES Emma too! I am so happy that you are all together again!