On one of our first few nights in Korea, we went out with our friends TJ and Melissa and their son to a hole in the wall Korean BBQ.
It was very very small restaurant, lacking decor of any kind. You sit on bucket like stools huddled around a Korean gas grill tables.You cook the meat yourself on the little grill in the center of the table.
I dont know the proper names for all that was ordered, but here are the highlights:
- pork
- spicy bean paste
- tofu soup with a crab broth
- lettuce wraps
- sticky rice
- an egg and spinach omelet type thing (SO GOOD)
- various other condiment items (garlic, etc)
You take a lettuce leaf, and pile in whatever filling you choose and then shove the whole thing in your mouth. My vegetarian version was excellent and I know all the meat eaters loved theirs.
The food was SO very tasty!
1 comment:
Wow, that looks very cool! Is that type of eating out experience common over there? I bet something like that would do very well here in the states.
Post a Comment