(well, I guess all date nights for the next 20 or so months will be "Date Night Korea" huh?)
Did I tell you we hired a Nanny? We found a flier on Post, had her over for an interview, had a trial run one morning for a couple of hours, and decided we liked her enough to use her again. She's Filipino, and speaks English decently. She is not cheap, and we did not negotiate, but- our options were pretty limited in regards to evening child care.
Oh! And she cleans too! That IS a nice bonus.
So, Saturday night Miss Lisa (our Nanny) came over after we had just put the kids to bed (great timing on our part!) She arrived about 7:30pm, Jax and Emma had gone to sleep about 7pm. Jackson's transition to a 7pm bedtime has been something I have been working on for a few weeks (he was going to bed at 8:30pm) and I *think* we are finally sucessful. It's very nice to have the kids go to bed at the same time. Very nice indeed.
Anyway, so Miss Lisa came over, we gave her a few instructions, and hoped to goodness she understood us! hahaha!
(but seriously)
We went over to our friends' apartment (they live in the building next door) becuase we all planned to go out to dinner together (technically I suppose this should have been titled "double date night").
Jake plays trumpet in the band with Jason and his wife, Jen, is Korean (speaks English well). They've been married almost a year.
Jen hailed us a cab and directed the driver to a Korean BBQ joint near our apartment. (So nice to have Korean friends!)
Jake and Jen go there often.
Our meal was very similar to the Korean BBQ we went to with Melissa and her husband.
Lots of beef, mushrooms, rice, onions, kimchi (similar to picked cabbage), tofu soup (as seen on my banner), an egg soufle dish, and cold noodles. The cold noodle dish (in the big silver bowl Jason is stirring) was suggested by Jake. It is what it sounds like. Cold noodles. Slightly tasted, not a favorite.
(I am very sorry I dont have better food pics! I need a smaller camera to take out with me so I can be discreet. I dont want to be the White girl with the Big Camera)
Very good meal. I need to brush up on my chopstick use because I was the last one eating. I think everyone else finished a good 20 minutes before me because I am so so slow with the chopsticks.
After dinner, we hailed another cab to head to a party on Post with Jason's work friends.
It was nice to meet a few of Jason's friends, but the party was much like a college party.
Except, instead of beer, there was Soju- a cheap Korean liqour.
I'm not in college anymore, nor am I college-aged like some of the party goers (including Jake and Jen who are about 5 years younger than me) and I would prefer a different kind of party. Like with wine and nice cheeses. Oh well.
We got home about midnight and the kids were still asleep (whew!) and all of our 500 lbs of clothes were folded away and our dishes were washed.
I like Miss Lisa a lot.
We are going to try and have her come every other Saturday night. It aint cheap, but our old life is gone and this is how our new life is and we need these date nights!
No comments:
Post a Comment