Ha! I got a job! One where everyone wins!
A few weeks ago I applied for a part time job with a company called Hello Kid Actor. This company, made of of native English Speakers (Americans and Canadians) and Koreans who speak English well, uses music and drama to help Korean elementary students learn English!
Can you believe it!
It gets better. Believe me.
Details:
Part time
1-4pm M-F (or just M/W/F- still working out some details)
teaching 3 classes per afternoon (1st and 2nd graders, then 3rd and 4th, then 5th and 6th)
small classes of less than 10 students
classes 40 minutes in length
I'll be using my rusty vocal skills and acting abilities to teach kids English! I knew that degree in Vocal Performance would come in handy at some point....
Can you even believe how fabulous this job fits me?
I'll be home with the kids in the mornings, and we can still go to our morning playgroups, I can still make doctor's appts and visit the library and run errands. Our Nanny will come around noon and feed the kids lunch and put them down for naps, and then she'll play with them for a bit until I get home about 5pm!
PERFECT!
(It still gets better)

Do you remember Chloe the pug Emma and I met on a walk recently?
Chloe's human mama is one of the other teachers!!! Can you believe it?? What a small world!
I went on the interview tonight, riding the subway alone again, and met the Director at a Starbucks about 30 minutes from my apartment. He was describing the job, and then mentioned that there was another teacher married to a military man. Long story short, I realized he was talking about Chloe's moma, and that is a SMALL WORLD people.
It certainly made me feel way better about going out alone at night in Korea to meet a stranger at a Starbucks. lol.
I cant think of a clearer sign that I am suppose to take the is job.
So I think I will.
I start Monday.
1 comment:
wow!! after I read your last post I was thinking - there has to be something part-time for her to do that would be fun - sounds like you found it!! Congratulations!! I hope it's a blast:D
Post a Comment