Jason is in a salsa band. It's non-Army related, and the members are made of up Koreans, Latinos and Army musicians. They have a gig about once a month, somewhere in Seoul.
This weekend it was at the Hard Rock Cafe!
My husband! Played at the Hard Rock Cafe in Seoul Korea!
Sometimes (often times actually) I can not believe this new life of ours. Amazing.
The Hard Rock gig fell on one of our every-other-Saturday date nights, so we already had our sitter lined up. Jason left earlier in the evening to get to the Hard Rock for a sound check, and Myllissa came over about 8pm and we headed off together.
This place was S-W-A-N-K-Y. Leather sofas, throw pillows, giant upholstered otamans for lounging.
(side note: I took a pathetically low number of pictures, and the ones I did take turned out BAD, so...sorry about that)
Jason had finished his sound check and he joined us for some nachos and drinks.
(side note #2: the Hard Rock gave the band members free beer and tequila shots!)
Before the band started playing, some professional Korean salsa dancers put on a little show. Here, you can kinda sort (I told you my pictures were bad) see the lady salsa dancer's outfit.
Myllissa's drink: Berry Margarita? Maybe.
Unfortunately, we were not able to get a sit out in front of the stage. ("My husband is in the band!" -Didnt work) So we were tucked in a corner right next to the stage.
I could see Jason's back, so I suppose that is something.
The videos are very picture poor because of the dark lighting, but here are a few clips to hear the band.
In this first one, the leader of the band is in the middle of introducing Jason when the video first starts. You can hear his name and then he plays a few jazzy improv measures on his trumpet.
Intro to Hard Rock Seoul gig from alfredsmom on Vimeo.
And here's a clip of the band playing a song.
Hard Rock Cafe Seoul Salsa Band gig from alfredsmom on Vimeo.
I know there was someone at the gig taking "real" video and pictures, and when and if I can get my hands on the footage, I will share it here.
Myllissa and I danced up a salsa storm on the dance floor (once properly beveraged). Jason came out and danced when the DJ was covering the band's break, so it was great to spend some time with him. Big kudos to Jason for attempting salsa dancing.
(Truth be told, he's probably better than me.)
The band played until around 1:30am, and we didnt get home until a little after 2am so it was pretty tough getting up Sunday morning!
My husband! Played a gig at Hard Rock Cafe Seoul!
He rocks.
1 comment:
We just got online to catch up on your blogs - you're right - Jason rocks - Hard Rock Cafe -how cool is that! Uncle Jerry said that the announcer "has an accent!" The job sounds absolutely perfect for you - congratulations! Sounds like you are settling in beautifully! God is so good! Jackson is really getting big - what a little man (I'm not so sure about those pink tennies though!)
Love all the pics! Emma sounds like she is fitting right in - as I would have expected. We now have Skype - we'll have to get in touch with you on it (I don't have to type back anymore!)
Love you guys! Uncle Jerry & Aunt Terri
Post a Comment