The military and the board of tourism for the Gyeonggi Province (that we live in) collaborated to host a free day trip for mothers and children! Wohoo!
I knew we would be gone all day (9-6) and I knew snacks, drinks and lunch and all activity fees were taken care of, but other than that? I knew NONE of the trip details. So I opted to just sign Emma and I up since I didnt think Jaxy would care for a bus ride and unknown adventures.
Emma and I boarded a bus with some of our friends this morning and headed off to the great uknown.
First up on our adventure was strawberry picking in the country, about an hour outside of Seoul.
It was so amazing to see something so different than big city Seoul.
This strawberry plantation keeps their strawberries inside greenhouses. They do not use any pesticides or fertilizers.
Some of the strawberries were SO big. We were allowed to eat as many as we wanted and fill up a container to take home (all free to us!)
Emma probably ate about 20!
(So did I!)
Thru an interpreter, we were taught by the plantation owner that we needed to say "Hello" to each strawberry we picked.
( They were serious. And thus, Emma and I did indeed say "hello" to each and every strawberry we picked!)
My container of strawberries and a jar of fresh strawberry jam.
YUM.
Next up, we trekked thru the village to a basket weaving lesson.
Our goal was to fashion a basket out of straw that coul carry 5 eggs.
Mine looked nothing like it was suppose to, but hey! It did in fact hold my eggs all day long.
(sidenote- they were very smart and gave us boiled eggs!)
Then we headed off to our Korean buffet lunch.
(Meh. Not many vegetarian options. Emma and I mostly just ate the rolls)
Then we headed back to the bus and off to the Korean Ceramics Museum!
(yes, this day was long and tiring, but loads of fun)
After a quick tour of the ceramics museum and local vendor shop , Emma got to make a piece of pottery!
For real!
She was so concentrated!
( we will get our fired pottery piece back in about a week)
Emma ended up falling alseep in my lap on the bus ride home. She was exhausted from all of our fun adventures.
Big thanks to the USFK (United States Forces Korea) and the Gyeonggi Province Tourism board for a wonderful and FREE day trip around our province!
No comments:
Post a Comment