Sunday, May 3, 2009

Just as popular as Suri Cruise

Koreans (especially teen girls) are fascinated with American children.

When we first arrived in Korea, Koreans (all ages) would talk to our children, tickle their cheeks, and take pictures of them on their camera phone. This literally started at the airport, the night we landed in Korea. A group of girls gathered around Jackson and each had their friends take a picture of them with Jackson.

About a week after we moved to Korea, we went to visit the Aquarium. The kids celebrity status continued as this young mother asked her husband to take her picture next to Jason and the kids.

DSC_0364

Sometimes Koreans (any age) will take our children out of their strollers and carry them around. Seriously! You would think it would freak us out, but it feels very comfortable. They have a love of children and I think they live by the "it takes a village" mentality. I love it.

Last week, I took the children to Seoul Grand Park Zoo. I took a small cruddy camera, that was apparently set on some wierd sepia mode, so my pictures are not really worth sharing, but I did want to share this.

IMG_0020

I am used to Koreans coming up to my children. But last week at the zoo is was practically out of control! They were circling around Emma! Sometimes I couldnt even see her!

(This video is crappy, and at one point I do some quick camera moves that might make you dizzy, be warned)


Untitled from alfredsmom on Vimeo.

And here they are around Jackson!
Untitled from alfredsmom on Vimeo.

(Did you notice the roasted corn on a stick? I am totally getting one of those next time)

Korean are always giving the kids candy and cookies and crackers. I think Emma is now trained to think that by giving a Korean a cute smile, they will give her a treat. :)

I dont know why celebrities are always complaining about how hard their lives are because the paparazzi are always following them around. I think its kind of fun!

No comments: