Friday, May 29, 2009

Sad or funny, you decide


When Jason and got married, we bought a sheet set. A queen size sheet set for our full size bed. We figured we'd upgrade to a Queen bed soon enough (ha!) and so it didnt matter that the sheets were a little big for the bed. We made do.

Well, we've been married 5+ years and there are two things you should know:

1. We still have a full size bed.
2. We still have that sheet set.

In fact, its our only sheet set for our bed. We love it so much. We bought the sheet set at TJ Maxx (my fav store!) and we had two requirements at the time.

1. higher than 300 thread count
2. dark color

I dont remember the actual thread count, but I am a picky sheet person, and they were so so soft in the store and have just gotten softer and softer thru the years. I love the deep cranberry color and the cranberry on cranberry striping.

I love my sheets.


Here they are on the bed....

DSC_0001

And here is a close up of the sheets...

DSC_0007

But we are hiding a shameful secret.

Embarrassing.

Pathetic.

Our sheets, our wonderful beautiful soft and lovely sheets that have been in our marriage as long as we have....

DSC_0009

DSC_0010

Our sheets are dying.

It started out with just so thin spots in the fabric, and then a few small small holes, and then... Well. I guess the end has come.

But we just can't bring ourselves to get rid of them! These are OUR sheets! And we are very picky sheet people. I tried to by a similar set at a different store last year, and the fabric ending up pilling so bad after two washes that it felt like a million ants were crawling in the bed.

I am terrified of buying bad sheets again!

So, I dont know what we are going to do. I dont know the manufacturer name of our sheets because the tags are long gone. All I know is I got them at TJ Maxx, and they were $39.99.

Best $39.99 we ever spent.

The hole is on Jason's side of the bed, so I guess we can keep using the sheets until the hole just engulfs us both.

Funny or sad?

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I would say a little bit of both ... but, it's a good thing that you live thousands of miles away from my mom right now!! ;D

Unknown said...

LOL, why oh why do I get such a bum wrap! If you lived close, I'd buy you a new set! I get what you mean about sheets, I'm very picky (surprise, surprise) as well and have taken several sets back that have pilled. October is coming...