Saturday, November 20, 2010

New School


This Wednesday Emma and Jackson had their first day of school at the Church run preschool I picked out a few months back while we were still in Korea.

(long sentence, huh?)

It was tough to pick a prechool from overseas, but I knew it was important to get it done over the summer rather than wait until we moved here because then all the school year spots would surely be full.

(Oh look, I am quite good at writing really long sentences!)

So I searched around, contacted a hand full of schools and made a decision based on:

  • how well the Director communicated with me
  • cost
  • type of program


I had no idea what area of Augusta we would eventually settle in, so I had to just make a choice and handle the travel distance.

As it turns out, we live about 8 miles from their school. In traffic, its just shy of a 20 minute drive.  Not bad I am sure, but when we were used to living within 2 miles of nearly everything- the Car Time is tiring.

Anyway, Wednesday was their First Day...
DSC_0011 copy
(Girlville made Emma's dress!)
DSC_0005 copy
Emma is an old pro at preschools, but this was Jackson's first experience!

They eat lunch at school and both kids were super excited to get new lunchboxes to take to school. (Of course, now I get the task of making lots of lunches!)

Today was Jackson's 2nd day (he goes 3 days a week, Emma goes 5 days a week) and Jackson- who ALWAYS runs to me when I pick him up from anywhere and says, "MOMMMMMY!!!", didnt even bat an eye today. Hmmrf. His teachers say his is doing really well. Hasnt started any fights yet! Sucess! :)
Emma wishes her school day was longer (it ends at 1pm, where her old school ran until about 3pm). They do offer a "late stay" option 2 times a week, where you get to stay at school and eat popsicles and play on the playground until 3pm for just $5- so we told her we would do that once a week starting after Thanksgiving. (School is closed all next week)

Today at school was their annual Thanksgiving Pow Wow.
DSC_0012
DSC_0016
DSC_0022
DSC_0024

They sang a few Thanksgiving songs at the Pow Wow, but Emma didnt know all the words since she just started school a few days earlier. I'm excited for her to make some new friends and hopefully we'll be able to work on some playdates soon!

No comments: