Amenities included in the apartment complex are:
a coffee shop
indoor playground complete with ball pit
outdoor playground
gym
kareoke room
putting range
suana
movie room
Eventually the street level floor will host a myriad of shops and businesses. Right now, there is a resturant, some banks and property management companies and a dry cleaner.
I know some of you are anxious to see pictures of our apartment with furnishings (mostly army loaned items) so I opted to just snap a few pictures and post them, rather than taking time (oh precious time) for getting "good" shots. For those of you with more time on your hands, you can enjoy an 11 minute video tour at the end of the post.
I am standing at the end of our entryway foyer, looking towards our front door. On the left are several big storage closets, on the right are lower storage cabinets, topped with marble (I think) and mirrors.
Here, I am standing in the corner of the kitchen near the fridge, looking into the living area.
All the furniture you see is provided by the Army. Some we will keep for the length of our stay in Korea, and some we will return when our household goods arrive in 30-60 days.
The kitchen has a small oven and stove top, a big sink which can be run by a foot pedal or regular spout, no disposal system (we have to scrape our food bits into a bucket and dump the bucket into a special tunnel in the apartment complex hallway), a washing machine and a Korean dryer (which we are not using), a dishwasher, a rice storage drawer, a korean fridge and an american fridge.
To the right of the kitchen is a glassed in porch called the Kimchi Porch, and there is a fridge out there specifically for Korean kimchi, but we use the porch for trash storage and our water cooler.
Jackson's room:
The Army provided the twin bed, the pack n play he is sleeping in, and a dresser.
I neglected to take a picture of Emma's room, but it is roughly the same but she was issued two dressers. Both rooms have big closets with hanging space and drawer space. Emma also has a twin bed, which we will return when her full sized bed comes in.
(the video is rough quality, but I suggest it to get a broader idea of the apartment and each room)
The army supplied a queen size bed, two nightstands, two lamps, two dressers. I brought the sheets and comforter from home. This room is really quite large, and we plan to move the living room green chairs into the bedroom once our own furniture comes in to set up a litting sitting area for watching movies together.
(seriously, take the video tour, I left out a million different views and spaces)
We also have a vanity room area, a big walk in closet, and the master bathroom:
Our tub:
The hall bath:
And for those of you who are brave enough for the video tour:
Our Korean Apartment from alfredsmom on Vimeo.
Questions?
3 comments:
I love the video tour!! The place looks really nice, and I'm sure it'll be more like home once you get your own stuff in there. You should definitely do more of these videos! Emma was so talkative, and Jackson looked like he was trying to wave at everyone. :) Hope all is well there...I started back at school today (farewell, Christmas break).
I'll take the video tour in a bit, but wow the apartment looks great!! So spacious and so many huge windows. So do you love it? And you have two playgrounds? Sounds like a great place for you and family to be.
That was cool to "walk" through the apt with you! I love the fact that Emma is right there repeating most of what you are saying:) Love you guys and miss you lots!
Post a Comment