Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Random Updates from Korea

Jason got a call today that our first shipment of stuff is being delivered this Friday afternoon!!!! I am so excited! It's like Christmas!!! I am hoping its our dishes, clothes, toys and maybe our rugs. That's exactly 2 weeks earlier than they originally quoted us, so hopefully the rest of our stuff will get here earlier than March 9th too.

Yeah!!!!

In other news, Jason leaves for Daegu Korea early Thursday morning and will play a Christmas concert Thursday night before returning to Seoul Friday afternoon (I think). Daegu appears to be about 4 hours away...I think.

And Jason will have Monday off....get this... because of the Super Bowl! hahaha! Kickoff is 8am Monday morning our time, so many Units take the day off. Hilarious. I dont think any of our sports channels will cover the Super Bowl, but we'll see. I like the Super Bowl, but not enough to get up early and go to TJ and Melissa's or Post to watch it. I wonder what a breakfast Super Bowl menu would be?

This Saturday Jason and I are going on a date!! Woohoo! We asked our Filipino nany to watch the kids (actually, the kids will be sleeping) Saturday night so Jason and I can go out for dinner and then possibly hang out with our friends that live in our apartment Complex. Not sure what restaurant we will go to. We saw a really nice Italian restaurant on our walk the other day, a few Korean BBQ's and an Indian Restaurant. We'll see.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a neat concept, the Super Bowl as a paid holiday...

Yeah on the stuff getting there!!

My vote is for the Korean BBQ, yummy! Enjoy your time together.

Stefanie said...

Date night sounds fun. Let us know where you choose to go. And I had heard about all the military folks taking Super Bowl off. I mean, it is a serious U.S. tradition - one no American should miss.
:)

Kim said...

Wow, can I get Monday off for the Super Bowl, too?? ;)

Yay, date night!!