Hey! Guess what? We went to another Middle Eastern restaurant for date night!
Located on the 2nd floor on the main street in Itaewon is a large Middle Eastern restaurant named Dubai.
Restaurants are usually small in Korea because space is at such a premium. Dubai defies the odds (or rather pays a hefty rent) for a large airy dining room.
The menu lacked a variety of vegetarian choices, but had some staple favorites like hummus and falafel.
We started out with a sampler of hummus, babaganoush and yogurt dips with fresh hot flat bread.
I then moved on to a amazing lentil soup (although it looks like like a yellow split pea doesnt it?).
I suspect (although I have no confirmation) that it was made with a chicken broth base, but it was good so I decided to overlook that possibility.
Easily one of the best soups I have ever had. At $3,000KRW (a little less than $3USD) a bowl, it was well worth it.
For my main meal, I had the falafel plate.
This was the best falafel I have ever had in my entire life. BEST EVER.
It came out piping hot. The outside was crispy, and the inside was very moist and flavorful. I wrapped bites of falafel in the flat bread, occasionally with a dab of one of the dips, and popped it in my mouth. So good.
So good in fact, I only offered Jason half of one piece of falafel! Ha!
Jason ordered the lamb shish kebab.
I thought it was a little...tacky? that it was served with french fries, but Jason said the meat was delicious.
Dubai- I will be back for more falafel and lentil soup!
1 comment:
Great picture of Jason ;)
Post a Comment