Monday, April 20, 2009

Another date night

Sure seems like we have a lot of date nights. And I suppose we do. We worked out an arrangement with our Nanny that allows us to use her services for 15 hours per week every week for a set price lower than her hourly rate. It works for her and for us. I've realized recently that we dont really need her that many hours a week, but one of her regular clients just moved away and times are tough and well...cant reduce her pay right now. So, that makes for many a date night.

Last week, we went out on a Sunday night after the kids went to bed. It was a short date night, we were only gone about 2 hours. We walked across the street to a little neighborhood of alley ways filled with shops and restuarants.

We found this pizza parlor that advertised using organic flour and an Italian spaghetti dish (quite rare for Korea). The place was run by Koreans and not Italians, so we werent sure what the tastes would be like, but the owner seemed so nice, so we decided to dine with him.

DSC_0365

I wanted to try their vegetarian cheese stuffed crust pizza.

DSC_0361

And we share the Italian spaghetti (with no meat) too.

DSC_0360

DSC_0364

Yes, that is a corn kernel on my plate. Corn is a regular vegetable seen on pizza here. Crazy huh?

The pizza was great. I would have preferred it a little crisper, instead of soft, but I loved the cheese stuffed crust. Koreans dont usually use cheese in their dishes, so I was happy to taste a good pizza made by a Korean chef.

And the spaghetti? GREAT. Very much a comfort food dish.

After dinner, we wandered the alleys and saw some fruit vendors.

DSC_0366

DSC_0367

Korean fruit is gorgeous and BIG. But in my experience thus far, not very cheap.

We found a gelato shop and decided to get some dessert.

(Yes Cathy, the same one you and Jason went to when you were here)

DSC_0369

DSC_0372

Oh yum.

Then we rolled our very full bellies home.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

ha! that is another piece of evidence that supports my theory - they always put corn on pizza overseas!! I have seen it in more places than I can even remember:D