Last week my friend Sarah threw a tea party!
At the last Post her husband was stationed at, she and her friends got together regularly for tea parties. They wore skirts, and drank various flavored hot teas out of her cute collection of tea cups, and ate little tea party food.
I'm so glad she decided to throw a tea party.
Sarah is nearly 6 months pregnant and has two boys. I admire her enthusiast and energy to make these adorable and tasty little sandwiches!
Some of the guests brought yummy cookies and desserts.
She even made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the kids!
There were 5 women that came, and we all brought along our children. I had some serious doubts that Jackson would fare well through out a noon time tea party when his nap is at 1pm, but- he amazed me (Emma was great too) and hung in there until 2pm!
Sure, it was a little wild with 6 children running around. But we all manged to drink our tea and eat our snacks and chit chat.
Sarah has decided to host tea parties regularly now, and each of us other ladies are planning on hosting other themed parties. Later this week, I have asked the girls over for a chick flick pajama party after the kids go to bed since Jason is away for the next two weeks (festivals, parades, in far off places, he's sworn he will take lots of pictures).
These women are my lifeline!
No comments:
Post a Comment